Snowmobile shocks need to be serviced just like your car needs its oil changed. The oil inside the shock breaks down losing viscosity causing the performance to fade and the parts to wear. Seals can start leaking and moisture can contaminate the oil. If you want peak performance and handling from your sled it is recommended to rebuilt your shocks regularly. See below for the service interval chart.
Suggested Service Intervals
- Sunday driver-- every 3-5 years or 2000-3000 miles
- Moderate trail rider-- 2-3 years or 1500-2500 miles
- Aggressive trail rider-- once a year or every 1000 miles
- Sno-X racer-- every 2-3 races
- Cross country racer-- every race
- Ice oval / lemans racer-- every 2-3 races